Monday 26 July 2010

Quilt and craft show

I went along to the quilt and craft show yesterday with Gayle and Cassie and had a nice day out. The show wasn't as big as other years so the cross stitch was limited but I still found my favourite stalls which was good. Gayle and I spent alot of time at 'stitches and spice' one of my favourite Australian shops that sell beautiful hand dyed linens, fabrics and thread. They also sell a big range of mirabilia and heaven and earth designs. Unfortunately I couldn't find the baby sampler I was after at any of the stalls but I really wanted to buy some fabric to stitch it on when I do buy it. I wanted a neutral cream colour to suit the baby's room and each gender. And no sparkles just incase it is a boy. :-) But I do really love sparkles!
I wanted to buy the fabric at stitches and spice as I love their dyes so after looking at alot of different dyes I decided on a 28 count jubilee evenweave called 'celtic' and I think it is going to compliment the sampler well. In the sampler kit they have stitched the display picture on cream coloured aida so I knew it would work well with the one I chose.
I also bought the mirabilia 'halloween fairy' which I've always loved and had my eye on to stitch one day. She's one of my favourite mirabilia fairies, I love her clothes and her attitude and it just so happened that stitches and spice had the whole kit for sale at a cheaper price than normal. The kit includes hand dyed threads, fabric, beads and the pattern. So I thought it to be a good opportunity to buy her and even though I won't even pick her up anytime soon she can sit in my to-do cupbored.
If you look closely you can see the swirl up close in the fabric.

That's all I ended up buying that day as nothing else really caught my eye that much and I had spent my budget anyway. Gayle did well with her items and Cassie bought her first cross stitch kit which we will help her make a start on when she is ready.
It was nice spending the day out at a craft show with friends and wandering around together. Unfortunately Cassie wasn't feeling too great, so she sat out most of the day and rested at a table. But at least she did manage to find her first little cross stitch to start. :-)

Happy Stitching x

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful stash, Belinda. :) Thanks for your nice comment on my little blog. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete