Saturday 23 October 2010

First little humphrey completed.

I am very excited to show you my first humphrey completed and all cross stitched, half stitched and backstitched. I managed to finish him off last night and he is my favourite of all the little elephants. :-) I love how he is sleeping with his little doggie teddy, very adorable. I think the backstitch has really bought him to life, and I am loving the colours in it. I also love how the fabric is coming through in the piece.
One thing I am not loving, which I seem to forget with every anchor pattern I stitch is the backstitch isn't always easy to follow with the thick lines they like to use on their patte. But I just take my time and it seems to work out. I do like the anchor patterns so I generally just remember what they're like after I've finished all the cross stitching. :-)

What do you think of him?
And this is a photo of the bubbles I've started backstitching too with the elephant beside them.

My weekend has just started tonight as I worked today and we are having a quiet weekend with a few things to do tomorrow but I think I will be able to get in some stitching time. I am looking forward to it, and I am sure my pattern will be on it's way to being finished sooner rather than later. I hope you all have a nice weekend and get some stitching time in too.

Happy Stitching xx

P.S Thanks for your lovely comments about Matilda our dog, we think she is pretty adorable too.

15 comments:

  1. How cute... its looking really nice Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely progress on Humphrey ,looking forward to seeing more . X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely progress on Humphrey. He is very cute Cant wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful progress. Now I noticed the little elephant sleeping with his doggie teddy after you done the backstitching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww Humphrey is just adorable Belinda. I can;t find your email link on your blog. Can you email me please at elaine.main@virgin.net.
    Have a nice week-end. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that little guy is so sweet, Belinda--he really makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet little design, perfect for a baby :) The colours are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute finish Belinda. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Humphrey is looking so gorgeous hun! Well done :D You'll have no trouble getting it finished (excpet details, of course!) before bub is born. I'll look forward to seeing it on Saturday :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww... He's adorable! Love the bubbles too. Looking at the design, I'm guessing there must be a lot of confetti stitches on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Humphrey is gorgeous. you could just give him a cuddle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! You're one of my StarZanite Giveaway winners. Please email me with your mailing address so I could get your prize out to you. Thanx!

    ReplyDelete
  13. He is sweet! Nice stitching, Belinda :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Humphrey is adorable, what a sweet piece

    ReplyDelete